How many of have heard the saying “Less is More”. The whole process of downsizing and decluttering is a PROCESS. Not only physical decluttering but decluttering of the MIND.
I know for myself this last month, it has caused panic on many occasions. And not only panic but having to let of the GUILT. Birthday gifts, Christmas gifts, items Inherited. All added up to trapped emotions. The decluttering PROCESS required lots of reflection of what is important and who would really value this item once I let it go.
Now decluttering does not mean “getting rid of everything” (although very tempting at times). I have provided a few tips that certainly did help me with this process:
- Look around as if you are a visitor, first time in the space.
- Sort out objects and decide what to keep and what to get rid of. Ask the questions: does it serve me? is it broken? do I use it?
- Heirlooms or expensive gifts? This can be a tough call and one that I certainly wrestled with. In the situation as to my mother’s dishes, as my son has expressed no interest, I concluded that my recently married niece who loves antique items, thrilled to have her Grandmother’s dishes. Yes!
- Go through all of your medication and supplements and discard beyond expiry date; commit to using everything up before buying more bathroom items.
- Exercise equipment parked in hope that you will finally get in shape? Solution: donate
- How many pens, books and binders does a person really need? Assess what you truly use and need. Remaining items? donate
What I have discovered that decluttering is a PROCESS. An ongoing process. Over the years, my needs and tastes have changed. And the more that I declutter, the lighter I actually feel. This then allows me to move into this “New Chapter of Life” with much more ease and grace.
p.s. ready to let go of your CLUTTER and reduce the stress and anxiety?
I am an intuitive Coach and Healer. Offering a complimentary intuitive energy scan to see what is blocking you from letting go.
Book your one time FREE 20 minute energy scan at: http://whisperingenergetic.ca/energy-scan-telesummit-gift/
Brenda Lainof, Intuitive Coach, Speaker and Radio Show Host